Application 2017 PTSA Summer Scholarship Program
The Booker T. Washington High School HSPVA PTSA Summer Scholarship Program assists students who plan to attend art or academic enrichment programs during the summer. Students awarded a scholarship may use the funds to supplement enrollment fees and other expenses related to attending the summer program of their choice, including but not limited to travel and supply fees. Please read through all of the requirements listed below. Complete the application online go to XXXXXXXXXX. Every applicant must complete ALL requirements
Summer Scholarship Program need to meet all of the following application requirements.
1. The student applicant and at least one parent must hold a PTSA membership on or before December 31, 2016.
2. All 2015-16 freshmen, sophomores, and juniors qualify to apply for a grant; graduating seniors do not qualify.
3. All applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 90 or higher.
Application Packets must include the following (Incomplete application packets will not be considered. No exceptions.)
1. A completed application (this form).
2. A completed PTSA Teacher Recommendation form or a written letter of recommendation from any Booker T. teacher.
3. A copy of student’s most recent transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 90 or higher. Obtain transcripts by email or hard copy from: Ms. Eileen Asher, Data Controller, BTWHSPVA Room 116A (in attendance office) firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The name and web address of the program student is attending.
5. Proof of the total cost of the program plus proof of acceptance/intent to attend via enrollment or letter of acceptance.*
*The grant will be written to the student and will not exceed the total cost of the program.
Participation Requirement: PTSA Summer Scholarship Program Exit Survey
A PTSA Summer Scholarship Program Exit Survey by the student for the summer program she/he attended is required from each recipient after completion of the program. Visit the PTSA website, www.btwhsptsa.org at the end of the summer to complete the evaluation online. Failure to provide this evaluation will prohibit receipt of the award in subsequent years. Deadline for submission: September 30, 2017.
Deadlines and Application Packet Delivery**(Packets received past the deadline will not be considered. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. No exceptions.)
• LAST DAY TO SUBMIT PTSA SUMMER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PACKET is April 13, 2017. Application and all accompanying documents are due by 4:30 pm to: Ms. Debbie Richman, Counseling Clerk, BTWHSPVA Room 122D (in counselor’s office) email@example.com
NOTE: Student is now required to initial a sign-in sheet provided by Ms. Richman and obtain a receipt. DO NOT LEAVE APPLICATION WITHOUT OBTAINING A RECEIPT. **
1.) Students are responsible for ensuring that they allow enough time to obtain all required documents (PTSA Teacher Recommendation form and transcripts). Allowing at least five school days is strongly recommended.
2.) Students are also responsible for confirming that their application packets have been submitted by the submission deadline. Packets received past the deadline will not be considered. Notification Applicants will be notified by e-mail to the e-mail addresses they have listed on this application on or before April 30, 2017.
Contact for Questions and Information
PTSA Summer Scholarship Program Coordinator Roz Rivera, firstname.lastname@example.org
2501 Flora Street, Dallas, Texas 75201 | btwptsa.com | facebook.com/BTWPTSA